Spinach with Pine Nuts
- SERVINGS: 8
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds fresh spinach, large stems discarded
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (about 2 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with warm water and let stand until plumped, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the spinach, raisins and pine nuts and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Press the spinach to discard any excess liquid, season with salt and pepper and serve.