- 1 pound baby spinach, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small dried red chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- Heat a large skillet. Add one-third of the baby spinach and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until wilted. Transfer the spinach to a colander. Repeat with the remaining spinach in 2 batches. Press all of the excess water out of the spinach and coarsely chop it.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the same skillet. Add the minced garlic and chiles and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add the ground coriander and turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the chopped spinach and yogurt and cook over low heat, stirring, until the yogurt just begins to separate, 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve.
The cooked spinach can be covered and refrigerated overnight. Reheat gently before serving.
Steamed basmati rice.