- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red- or white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, stems removed and leaves washed well (about 31/2 quarts)
- 1 1/2-pound piece cooked turkey, cut into approximately 1-by-1/4-by-1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes (about 3/4 pound)
How to make this recipe
In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cucumber half, the yogurt, oil, vinegar, dill,1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Blend or process until smooth. Chop the remaining cucumber and add to the blender or food processor along with the feta. Pulse once or twice just to combine.
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the spinach, turkey, tomatoes, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss the salad with the dressing.
• Use chopped fresh oregano instead of dill.
• Add half a cup of Greek olives.
• If you can get ripe summer tomatoes, use them instead of the cherry tomatoes.
Sauvignon Blanc is one of the few wines that can negotiate the aggressive flavor of feta. Try a zippy Sancerre or Pouilly-Fumé. Made entirely from Sauvignon Blanc, these are among France's most versatile wines.