- 8 cups baby spinach (8 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Holland or serrano chile, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, peas and tomatoes. In a medium skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook over moderately high heat until lightly golden, 4 minutes. Add the chile, ginger, cumin and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the salad. Pour the warm chile dressing over the salad, toss well and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.