- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium navel or blood oranges
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted and chopped
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. Toast the pecans on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a bowl, toss with the butter, honey, Parmesan and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper, then spread on the sheet and bake for 4 minutes, or until golden. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallots and mustard. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
With a sharp knife, peel the oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Halve the oranges lengthwise, then slice crosswise 1/4 inch thick.
In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the dressing, olives, pecans and oranges and serve at once.