- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh lemongrass (tender inner bulb only)
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame (12 ounces)
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, whisk the fish sauce with the vinegar, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, oil, lemongrass, sambal, chile and garlic. Let the dressing stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of salted boiling water, blanch the edamame until crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Drain and cool under running water, then spread on a plate and blot dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the edamame with the radishes, spinach and basil. Add the dressing and toss well. Serve right away.