- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces curly spinach (4 packed cups), stemmed
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Crackers, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until deeply golden, about 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and the spinach and stir until wilted. Transfer to a medium bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir the yogurt, chives and nutmeg into the spinach and onion and season the dip with salt and pepper. Serve with crackers.
The dip can be refrigerated overnight