Spinach and Avocado Salad
- SERVINGS: 4 MAIN-COURSE SERVINGS
- 3/4 pound thick-cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 5-ounce bags prewashed baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 large scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 large Hass avocados, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Arrange the bacon slices on a large, heavy, rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning the slices halfway through. Drain the bacon on paper towels and let cool, then cut the strips crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sherry vinegar with the honey mustard and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- In a bowl, toss the spinach, tomatoes and scallions with the vinaigrette. Arrange the salad on plates, top with the sliced avocados and bacon and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.