© Con Poulos
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: One 11-by-15-inch galette
This buttery pastry evokes the classic flavors of Greece with its luxurious, creamy filling of spinach, artichoke and a hint of citrus.
Plus: More Thanksgiving Appetizers
- The Ultimate Savory Pie Crust dough
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Manchego cheese
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts—drained, quartered and patted dry
- 1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-by-16-inch rectangle; transfer to the baking sheet. Fold the dough edge over itself to form a 1/2-inch border all around and pinch the corners together. Refrigerate until firm.
- Mix the crème fraîche, garlic, hot sauce and zest; season with salt and pepper. Spread over the dough. Top with the cheese, spinach and artichokes. Brush the edges with egg wash.
- Bake the galette in the bottom third of the oven for about 25 minutes, until the edges are slightly puffed. Cut into squares, garnish with sliced scallions and serve warm.