- Two 3-ounce Hungarian wax peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted shelled pumpkin seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Season the zhoug with salt and black pepper and serve.
The zhoug can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Grilled chicken or fish.