- 1/2 pound turkey breast cutlet
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup small tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 jalapeños with seeds, sliced
- 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/4 cup quick-pickled onion and radishes (see Note)
- 6 corn tortillas, warmed
- Sour cream and lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Generously coat the turkey cutlet with black pepper. In a medium ovenproof skillet, heat the canola oil. Add the turkey and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake the turkey for about 5 minutes longer, until a thermometer inserted in the cutlet registers 165°. Let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice the turkey.
Meanwhile, set the tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, corn, beans, olive, scallion and pickles in small bowls. Serve the turkey and fixings with the warm tortillas, sour cream and lime wedges.
Use this recipe to make the quick-pickled onion and radishes, swapping out the cucumber for sliced red onion and sliced radishes.