- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- One 14-ounce can kidney beans
- One 14-ounce can navy beans
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- Sea salt
- Sour cream and chopped cilantro, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the celery and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is no longer pink, about 5 more minutes. Add the red wine and stir.
Add the garlic, Mexican chili powder, coriander, cumin, oregano and optional chili flakes and cook the spices for 1 minute.
Add the crushed tomatoes, molasses, brown sugar and soy sauce and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the water and return the pot to a simmer. Stir in the quinoa and cook, covered, for 12 minutes.
Stir in both beans and the corn and heat through, about 3 more minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary.
Serve the chili topped with sour cream and chopped cilantro.