- 2 large ripe tomatoes (3/4 pound), coarsely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo sauce, with seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine the tomatoes, garlic, onion and chipotle and puree until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil. Add the tomato puree and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Serve WithPlantain and Goat Cheese Gorditas.