- 1/4 cup chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make this recipe
Whisk together the chile-garlic sauce, honey, rice vinegar and fish sauce. Set aside.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside. In another large bowl, add the flour.
Coat the chicken in egg and then dredge it in flour. Shake off any excess. Set coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Heat 1 inch of oil to 375° in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Working in small batches, gently place the chicken in the hot oil and fry until crispy and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes on each side.
Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve hot.