- 1 cup Greek-style plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 small sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- One 10-ounce package frozen whole-leaf spinach, thawed
- Scoop the yogurt into a paper towel-lined strainer set over a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. You should end up with a 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small skillet. Add the pine nuts and minced onion and cook over high heat, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened and lightly browned and the pine nuts are golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander, chile powder and cayenne and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Scrape into a bowl.
- Using your hands or a potato ricer, squeeze the spinach until very dry, then coarsely chop it and discard any stringy pieces. Stir the spinach and yogurt into the onion mixture and season with salt.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.