Spicy Snapper Sandwiches
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai or serrano chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 6-ounce red snapper fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 4 rolls or buns, split
- 4 Bibb or romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a bowl, mix half of the lime zest, lime juice, garlic and chile. Stir in the olive oil. Make 3 shallow 2-inch slashes into the skin of each fish fillet. Spread the garlic-chile paste over the fish. Transfer the fish to a baking dish, skin side up; season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8 minutes, until the fish flakes easily.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the capers and the remaining lime zest, lime juice, garlic and chile. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Toast the buns. Spread the sauce on the buns and top with the fish, lettuce and onion. Close the sandwiches and serve.
Melony Sauvignon Blanc.