- 16 jumbo shrimp (1 1/2 pounds), shelled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or other chile paste
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a very large skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the shrimp and cook over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and sambal and bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to moderately low and swirl in the butter until melted and incorporated. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and serve with crusty bread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.