Spicy Shrimp with Citrus Avocado Sauce
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: More Seafood Recipes and Tips
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 pounds shelled and deveined large shrimp
- In a blender, puree the avocado with the garlic, orange juice and lime juice. Season with cayenne and salt. With the machine on, gradually blend in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a medium bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the orange zest, allspice, molasses and lime zest. Season with cayenne and salt. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Add the shrimp to the grill and cook over moderately high heat until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the shrimp to a platter and serve the avocado sauce on the side.