- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces thinly sliced lean bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 large plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
How to make this recipe
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until just cooked, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the bacon, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook over low heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat until sizzling, about 3 minutes. Add the wine and boil over moderately high heat until reduced by one-third, about 2 minutes. Cover and remove from the heat.
Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water and add the pasta back to the pot. Add the bacon-tomato mixture, the shrimp and the parsley along with the reserved cooking liquid and toss. Drizzle on the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve right away.