- 2 large garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 small chorizo (about 1/2 pound total), sliced 1/2 inch thick
How to make this recipe
On a cutting board, using the flat side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic and salt to a coarse paste. Add the caraway seeds and finely chop them. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the chile powder and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chorizo and cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Let cool slightly.
Tuck a chorizo slice in the crook of a shrimp and thread onto a skewer; the shrimp should be attached at both ends. Push it to the end of the skewer and repeat with 2 more shrimp and chorizo slices. Using more skewers, repeat with the remaining shrimp and chorizo.
Grill the kebabs over a hot fire, turning once or twice, until charred and the shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.