- 1 pound sea scallops, quartered if large
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small dried chipotle chile with seeds, stemmed and chopped
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 pound capellini
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large shallow glass or ceramic baking dish, toss the scallops with the oil, wine, parsley, garlic and chipotle. Season with salt and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the oil is sizzling and the scallops are firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the capellini until just al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain; transfer to a serving bowl. Add the scallops and their juices, toss well and serve immediately.
Tame the hot chile peppers and garlic in this dish with a refreshingly fruity off-dry Riesling. Look for one from Washington State or California.