Spicy Scallion Paste
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1/4 cup
Working a little of this paste into ground meat, steaks or chops adds incredible flavor. Grace Parisi likes to stuff the paste right into a patty of ground beef with a hunk of Brie to make a super-luxurious cheeseburger.
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh hot chile, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the scallions with the garlic, chile, lemon zest and cayenne, mashing slightly with the back of a spoon. Stir in the olive oil and salt.
Make Ahead The paste can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Notes Best Uses Lightly brush the paste onto tofu, shrimp, steaks, chicken or pork before grilling.