Spicy Sautéed Kale with Shredded Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
For this simple kale dish, the chopped leaves are cooked in garlic-and-chile-spiked oil until just wilted, then garnished with a little shredded salty ricotta salata just before serving.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno chile—halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds Tuscan kale, stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Shredded ricotta salata cheese, for serving
- In a deep skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic, chile and crushed pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the kale in large handfuls; let wilt slightly before adding more. Cook, tossing, until the kale is barely tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice; season with salt. Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.