Spicy Remoulade Sauce
- SERVINGS: Makes about 1/2 cup
Here's an easy recipe for the well-known tangy mayonnaise, which is especially good with all kinds of smoked foods.
Fast Hors d'Oeuvres
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled gherkins
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard, preferably Creole
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients and serve.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 3 days.