- 1 large or 2 small red bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons medium-hot chile powder or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
How to make this recipe
- Roast the bell pepper over a gas flame or under the broiler, turning, until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic and let steam for 20 minutes. Peel the pepper; discard the core, ribs and seeds. Coarsely chop the pepper.
- In a blender or mini-processor, puree the pepper with the chile powder, oregano, olive oil and salt. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in the cream.
The pepper cream can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.