- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups red cabbage (3/4 pound), finely shredded
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the coriander seeds and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the shallots, cumin and crushed red pepper and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the cabbage, the tomatoes and their juices and the raisins and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender, 8 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and cilantro, season with salt and serve.
One Serving 163 cal, 8 gm fat, 1.1 gm saturated fat, 23 gm carb, 5 gm fiber.