- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 medium kosher dill pickles, very finely chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- Four 8-inch soft baguettes, split
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, using your hands, mix the ground pork with the paprika, thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Form the pork into twelve 1/2-inch-thick patties. Grill the pork patties over moderate heat, turning once, until they are cooked through, about 8 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the Dijon mustard, pickles and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the baguettes.
- Place 3 pork patties on the bottom of each baguette and top with the lettuce, tomato and a few splashes of hot sauce. Close the sandwiches and serve.
Juicy blackberry-rich Southern Australian Shiraz.