- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 large poblano pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pepita seeds
How to make this recipe
In a saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the poblanos until lightly browned in spots and softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sautéed poblanos, avocados, chickpeas, 1/4 cup cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and process until combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Taste to adjust for seasoning and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with fresh cilantro and pepita seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
The hummus can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.