- 3 red or black plums (about 3/4 pound), quartered and pits reserved
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 long red fresh chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- In a small saucepan, cover the plums and pits with the water and bring to a boil. Cover partially and simmer over moderately low heat until the plums are very soft, about 20 minutes. Drain the plums, reserving 1/4 cup of the water; discard the pits.
- Transfer the plums to a blender. Add the sugar, half of the chile and the reserved cooking liquid and puree. Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl. Stir in the cilantro, dill, vinegar and the remaining chile. Season with salt and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.