© John Kernick
Spicy Pineapple Granita
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN PLUS 3 HR FREEZING
- SERVINGS: 8
Instead of finishing a big meal with a rich dessert, Padma Lakshmi opts for this cold, fruity pineapple granita spiked with cayenne.
- One 3-pound pineapplepeeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Puree all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour the puree into a large, shallow baking dish. Cover and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.
- Using a fork, break the granita into chunks and transfer to a food processor. Pulse until light and fluffy, 1 minute. Transfer to bowls and serve immediately.
Notes One serving 73 cal, 19 gm carb, .5 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.