- One 3-pound pineapple—peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
How to make this recipe
- Puree all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour the puree into a large, shallow baking dish. Cover and freeze until hard, about 3 hours.
- Using a fork, break the granita into chunks and transfer to a food processor. Pulse until light and fluffy, 1 minute. Transfer to bowls and serve immediately.
One serving 73 cal, 19 gm carb, .5 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.