- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- One 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Drain well.
- In a blender, puree the peanut butter with 6 tablespoons of the vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the sugar, the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, ginger and garlic. Transfer 1/2 cup of the peanut dressing to a bowl and toss with the noodles.
- In another bowl, toss the celery with the cilantro and the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Transfer the noodles to bowls and drizzle with the remaining peanut dressing. Top with the celery and serve with lime wedges.
The peanut dressing can be refrigerated for 2 days.