Spicy Korean Pork Buns
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 10 buns
- 1/4 pound breakfast sausage, casings removed (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped drained kimchi (see Note)
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 package (7 1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- Soy sauce, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the sausage meat, kimchi, scallion and sugar. On a work surface, flatten each biscuit to a 3-inch round. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each biscuit, moisten the edges and pinch the seam to seal.
- Line a bamboo or metal steamer with a sheet of lightly oiled wax paper. Place the buns on the wax paper, seam side up. Cover and steam for 10 minutes. Serve the steamed buns at once, passing soy sauce on the side.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.