Spicy King Prawns
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
When Nadia Roden assisted her mother at cooking classes, she learned to make these fragrant shrimp. If you have all of the ingredients ready ahead of time, you can prepare the dish quickly, as guests arrive.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a very large skillet. Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, ginger and cayenne and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the cilantro. Transfer to a platter and serve.