- 1/2 bunch Tuscan kale (about 1/2 cup when cooked)
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup ground pistachios
- 1/4 cup cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Remove the ribs and stems from the kale leaves. Rinse, and add the leaves to a pot with a 1/4 cup of water over medium heat. Cover and simmer until kale is tender but can still hold its shape, about 4 minutes.
- Drain excess water from the braised kale leaves, and add to the bowl of a food processor. Add chiles, garlic, mayonnaise and salt and puree until smooth.
- Add half of the pistachios and water to the mixture. Continue to pulse while adding the cilantro and second addition of nuts. Scrape the sauce into a bowl.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Seafood, on meat, over tacos, or as vegetable dip.