© Petrina Tinslay
Spicy Herb Salt
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Plus 2 days drying
The flavor of sturdy herbs like thyme and rosemary is too strong for pesto, but it works beautifully in a seasoning salt. The mildly spicy salt is delicious rubbed over big cuts of meat like leg of Garlic Confit).
More Condiment Recipes
- 1 cup rosemary leaves (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup thyme leaves and tender stems (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the herbs and garlic until chopped. Add the salt and pulse until finely chopped. Add the crushed red pepper and pulse to blend. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and let stand, stirring occasionally, until dried, about 2 days. Transfer the mixture to a jar or manual spice grinder.
Make AheadThe herb salt can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 year.