- 1 cup rosemary leaves (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup thyme leaves and tender stems (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the herbs and garlic until chopped. Add the salt and pulse until finely chopped. Add the crushed red pepper and pulse to blend. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet and let stand, stirring occasionally, until dried, about 2 days. Transfer the mixture to a jar or manual spice grinder.
The herb salt can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 year.