Spicy Grilled Shrimp with Yuzu Kosho Pesto
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Yuzu kosho is a hot, spicy and aromatic Japanese condiment made from hot chiles and ultra-citrusy yuzu zest. It's the key to this supersimple and utterly delicious recipe from chef Ricardo Zarate of Mo-Chica in Los Angeles.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yuzu kosho (see Note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large stalk of fresh lemongrass, pale inner bulb only, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 jumbo shrimp (about 3/4 pound), butterflied in the shell
- In a small bowl, combine the yuzu kosho with the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro and olive oil. Spread half of the pesto on the shrimp and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the shrimp over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to plates and serve with the remaining pesto.
Fragrant, medium-bodied Torrontés from Argentina is spectacular with grilled seafood like these spicy shrimp.