- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 11/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Pimentón de la Vera (smoked Spanish paprika)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 21/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 baguette, sliced
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the melted butter with the ginger, ketchup, white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, cayenne and smoked paprika; blend until smooth. Transfer the butter sauce to a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. In a very large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shrimp and cook over moderate heat, turning, until just white throughout, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter sauce and toss to coat the shrimp. Transfer the shrimp to a bowl and serve hot with the bread.
Contributed By Matt Carpenter