Spicy Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
This sauce is a fantastic gift for anyone who loves to stir-fry. It can be refrigerated for up to two weeks.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden. Add the stock mixture and boil over high heat until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool.