- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the stock with the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch slurry, vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the peanut oil until shimmering. Add the ginger and crushed red pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until fragrant and golden. Add the stock mixture and boil over high heat until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute. Transfer to a glass jar and let cool.
Applications: Add while stir-frying pork, chicken, shrimp or beef. Use as a dipping sauce for dumplings, steamed vegetables or rotisserie chicken. Drizzle over grilled meats or fish.