© Tina Rupp
Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Spaghetti
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pint small yellow pear or red grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small skillet, cook the bread crumbs in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape the bread crumbs onto a plate.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until just barely al dente. Drain the spaghetti, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil with the shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Add the spaghetti and the reserved cooking water to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat, tossing the pasta and lightly crushing the tomatoes, until the sauce is slightly thickened and the shrimp are cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the spaghetti to bowls, sprinkle the bread crumbs on top and serve.