- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 baby carrots (6 ounces)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 8 heads of baby bok choy (10 ounces), halved lengthwise
- Four 5-ounce skinless black bass fillets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and stock to a boil. Add the potatoes and onion, cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and jalapeño, cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and bok choy. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper and lay them on the vegetables. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Carefully turn the fish fillets and simmer uncovered until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Using a slotted spatula, carefully transfer the fish fillets to shallow bowls. Season the stew with salt and pepper and add the basil. Ladle the stew over the fish and serve.
One Serving 219 calories, 3.9 gm total fat, 0.8 gm saturated fat, 16 gm carb.