- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups distilled white vinegar (5 percent acidity)
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 6 large garlic cloves, halved
- 4 to 6 long red or green hot chiles, halved lengthwise
- 16 dill sprigs
- Pack vegetables into 2 clean 1-quart glass jars. In another jar, combine the salt, sugar, vinegar, coriander and garlic. Shake until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add 2 cups of water and pour the brine over the vegetables. Tuck the chiles and dill between the vegetables. Add enough water to keep the vegetables submerged. Close the jars and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.