Spicy Citrus Dipping Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
The Persian limes sold in America are tarter than Thai limes, so Andy Ricker sometimes sweetens their juice with a little orange juice, as in this bright, superquick dipping sauce. It's delicious with his salt-crusted tilapia.
More Thai Recipes
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 4 Thai chiles, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine the water with the sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the lime juice, orange juice, chiles, garlic and salt, stirring to dissolve the salt. Stir in the cilantro and serve right away.
Make AheadThe sauce can be prepared up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated. Add the cilantro just before serving.