Spicy Cilantro Pesto
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 2/3 cup
This fresh pesto was inspired by the Moroccan spice-and-herb vinaigrette charmoula. Troy MacLarty also uses it as a spread for toast and as a sauce for pasta.
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and small sprigs
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves and small sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, parsley, garlic, ginger and jalapeño; blend until minced. With the machine on, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and puree. Scrape the pesto into a bowl and season with salt.
Make Ahead The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving. Serve With Braised Lamb Shanks with Roasted Broccoli and Squash