- 1 cup cilantro leaves and small sprigs
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves and small sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 large jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine the cilantro, parsley, garlic, ginger and jalapeño; blend until minced. With the machine on, gradually add the oil in a steady stream and puree. Scrape the pesto into a bowl and season with salt.
The pesto can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.