- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes about 1/2 cup
Michelle Bernstein created this chimichurri for her Mexican husband, who loves jalapeños. Because the sauce is pureed, it is far from authentic. As Bernstein says, "This is not a chimichurri I would serve my mother."
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, with seeds, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, pulse the cilantro, olive oil, garlic, lime juice and jalapeño until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Make AheadThe chimichurri can be refrigerated for up to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.