Spicy Chickpea Chat
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 cups
On the streets of Bombay, this snack is made fresh and served in leaf cups.
Plus: More Appetizer Recipes and Tips
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- One 19-ounce can chickpeas—drained, rinsed and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt with the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeños and turmeric. Stir in the chickpeas, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled or at room temperature.