Spicy Chicken Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 tablespoon pure mild chile powder, preferably ancho
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded 1/3 inch thick
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 10 ounces spinach, stems discarded, leaves torn into large pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Hass avocado—halved, pitted, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt (5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the chile powder with the cumin, coriander and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Coat the chicken breasts with the spices. Lightly coat a broiler pan with olive oil cooking spray, then set the chicken breasts on it. Broil the chicken for about 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let cool, then slice on the diagonal into 1/3-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach with the tomatoes, scallions, avocado and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad, add the chicken and toss well, then serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.