© Christina Holmes
Spicy Chicken Milanese
- TOTAL TIME: 12 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2
For a super-quick and delicious chicken dinner, these cutlets are breaded and pan-fried, then topped with a juicy tomato salad and salty slivers of Parmesan cheese.
Slideshow: Fast Chicken Recipes
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- Ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- Four 3-ounce, thin-sliced chicken cutlets (1/4 inch)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a pie plate, beat the eggs with the mustard and cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Spread the panko in another pie plate. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko; press to help it adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/3 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and white throughout, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the tomatoes, lemon juice and parsley with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil; season with salt and pepper. Spoon the tomatoes over the chicken and garnish with the cheese. Serve immediately.
Fried chicken loves a light, juicy red, like a Beaujolais.